Thinkserver systems hang while installing or booting VMWARE ESXI with following message “Relocating modules and starting up the kernel”.
As a workaround, enable Intel(R) Trusted Execution Technology in BIOS setting as follows also make sure to have first upgraded to the latest firmware:
– Power on or restart the system
– Press F1 to enter BIOS Setup utility when prompted
– Navigate to System Security -> TPM Settings
– Change “Intel(R) Trusted Execution Technology” item to “Enabled”
– Select F10 to save and exit
– VMware ESXi can now be installed or booted.